Article

Journalist says Chelsea now more willing to change key approach in tr… — and more

Journalist says Chelsea now more willing to change key approach in transfer market

Journalist says Chelsea now more willing to change key approach in transfer market
Journalist says Chelsea now more willing to change key approach in transfer market

Journalist Dean Jones says Chelsea are now more open minded to buying experienced players rather than just all youngsters.

Of course, this is a situation where Chelsea fans will say, ‘we will believe that when we see it’. It just isn’t what Chelsea do right now.

EXCLUSIVE! Two more NEW names added to Chelsea summer list of targets – One from Wolves and one from Atletico Madrid!! 👀

But if they are now being more open to it, then I only see that as a good thing and I genuinely believe it could be the key difference to challenging for the Premier League title again. Chelsea could change this key approach in the transfer market, add three QUALITY experienced players to the squad, and that might just do it if you ask me – that might just complete this squad and have them ready for challenging on all fronts again.

Jones on Chelsea buying experience

Kim Min-jae in action for Bayern Munich. (Photo by Christof Koepsel/Getty Images)

Chelsea have been linked with Bayern Munich defender Kim Min-jae this week, a player who is now 29-years-old.

Dean Jones told TEAMtalk: “Kim Min-jae is being linked with Chelsea and while it is true there has been an element of interest, I’m told the prospect of a transfer is still quite slim.

“I do get the impression Chelsea are more open minded than when they were previously only looking at younger players. There is definitely a chance they look to sign someone with more experience and seniority.

“But at the moment I am told the Kim links are just one of a number of deals they have on their mind for the summer and ultimately they will still be looking for good value.

“From what I understand, Kim is on good money, in the top ten earners at Bayern, and that brings a layer of difficulty too for any potential deal that Chelsea would look at.”

In other news…

Estevao has settled in nicely at Chelsea, and he’s working hard off the pitch as well as on it to fit in and adapt as quickly as possible.

Fellow Man City academy star Morgan Rogers would be a dream signing for most Chelsea fans, but he’s now being linked with Tottenham. Can you really see Spurs spending £100m on a player though? That’s what Villa may want…

Check out the latest edition of Simon Phillips’ SPTC podcast here:

Hearts plan Dubai training camp before run-in - gossip

League leaders Hearts are planning warm weather training in Dubai before the Scottish Premiership run-in. (Sun)

Rangers physio Steve Walker is expected to join Hearts next season. (Record)

Manager Martin O'Neill criticised the protest that disrupted Celtic's 4-1 home defeat by Stuttgart. (Scotsman - subscription required)

Former Little Mix singer Perrie Edwards was pictured at Celtic Park with partner Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who recently joined the Scottish champions, at Thursday's match. (Sun)

Dundee United will have to go with three forwards for the rest of the season following Nikolaj Moller's recent sale, indicating the club will not seek a free agent replacement. (Courier - subscription required)

Manager Jim Goodwin is planning contract talks with eight Dundee United players. (Record)

Referee John Beaton will officiate Dundee United's Saturday home meeting with Kilmarnock three days on from sending off three players in Aberdeen's Scottish Cup win over Motherwell. (Courier - subscription required)

Aberdeen captain Graeme Shinnie backs team-mate Dennis Geiger following the midfielder's red card against Well. (Press and Journal - subscription required)

It's obvious! Liverpool's next Alexander Isak transfer will be extraordinary winger

It's obvious! Liverpool's next Alexander Isak transfer will be extraordinary winger
It's obvious! Liverpool's next Alexander Isak transfer will be extraordinary winger

Liverpool need wingers and they need speed in their current attack. The Reds haven't really replaced Luis Diaz since he left for Bayern Munich, and they also haven't really added any wingers of genuine quality since Richard Hughes arrived at the club.

But that could be changing.

Hughes' first winger target in the summer of 2024 was Anthony Gordon. Liverpool came close to signing the winger at the time but ultimately Newcastle decided to sell Yankuba Minteh and Elliot Anderson instead, in order to meet the Premier League's Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR).

Last summer, Liverpool wanted to sign a winger but they held fire. Isak was the priority. They could have signed other wingers but they didn't.

Perhaps there was a reason for that. Maybe, they have been waiting all along to return to Gordon in the summer of 2026.

It's becoming clearer now that Gordon is exactly the type of player Liverpool need. He's tremendously fast and he's good in one vs one situations.

His four-goal haul against Qarabag in the Champions League on Wednesday night also proved that he can be very prolific.

He now has 19 goal contributions this season, including 10 in the Champions League and we are only in February. There's the possibility that he could reach 30 or even 40 at this point depending on how far Newcastle go in their European and domestic competitions.

Now entering his prime years at 24-years-old, he's becoming an extraordinary winger, and this is the time to buy him. It's the perfect moment. Given Liverpool also have homegrown issues and Gordon is actually a club-trained player having been released by Liverpool at the age of 12, he makes so much sense.

It's just so obvious. He will have to be Liverpool's next Isak transfer.

🥐 LALIGA returns, Greek heroics... 5️⃣ stories to start your day

�� LALIGA returns, Greek heroics... 5️⃣ stories to start your day
🥐 LALIGA returns, Greek heroics... 5️⃣ stories to start your day

We open the news blinds on a Friday that breathes football from every angle, with eyes set both on the pitch and in the boardrooms.

The aftermath of the Europa League leaves us with an unbeatable taste thanks to Celta’s feat in Greece, while on the domestic front, Real Madrid is already packing their bags for a visit to El Sadar that promises to be decisive in the fight for the league title.

However, it’s not all about the ball; institutional tension returns to the scene with a new chapter in the conflict between the RFEF and LaLiga, this time with the points from Rayo-Oviedo up in the air.

Amid statements of self-criticism in Barcelona and the anticipation for Sonia Bermúdez’s first squad list of 2026, today’s agenda is packed with big names and decisions that will shape the course of the season.

Real Madrid already looking to Pamplona

The Whites travel today to Navarre to face Osasuna tomorrow. Álvaro Arbeloa leads the final training session this morning at Valdebebas with a clear objective: to secure the top spot in LALIGA. The coach aims to maintain defensive solidity in one of the toughest stadiums in the league.

Dani Olmo puts out the fire in Barcelona

After recent setbacks, Dani Olmo has called for calm on RAC1. The Spanish international was self-critical, stating that they must improve to compete for the Champions League, but defended the current style of play. "We’re not going to create a catastrophe over two bad games", said the Barça attacking midfielder.

Open war between the RFEF and LaLiga over Rayo-Oviedo

Legal conflict on the horizon. A report from the RFEF states that LaLiga did not have the authority to suspend the Rayo-Oviedo match on February 7. The Single Judge proposes awarding the three points to Oviedo (0-3), a decision that LaLiga has already announced it will immediately appeal.

Iago Aspas reigns in the hell of Thessaloniki

Historic achievement for Celta in the Europa League. The Vigo side became the first Spanish team to win at PAOK’s ground thanks to a lone goal from the eternal Iago Aspas. The result virtually secures their place in the round of 16.

Sonia Bermúdez’s first squad list of 2026

The national coach presents her first call-up of the year this morning for the matches against Ukraine and Iceland. With the notable absences of Aitana Bonmatí and Cata Coll, a shake-up is expected in the squad for these 2027 World Cup qualifying matches.

This article was translated into English by Artificial Intelligence. You can read the original version in 🇪🇸 here.

Chelsea have approached Ousmane Diomande’s representatives, Sporting CP star could leave this summer

Chelsea have approached Ousmane Diomande’s representatives, Sporting CP star could leave this summer
Chelsea have approached Ousmane Diomande’s representatives, Sporting CP star could leave this summer

Chelsea have approached the representatives of Sporting CP centre-back Ousmane Diomande, who could leave this summer, according to Portuguese outlet Record (paper edition).

The Blues have had a good Premier League campaign. The west London side are presently only one point behind fourth-placed Manchester United after 26 matches played.

Fifth place could be enough to qualify for the Champions League next season, and the Blues currently have a two-point lead over Liverpool heading into the final stretch.

Regardless of how the season ends, the club’s hierarchy could spend big on a new central defender, having struggled to keep regular clean sheets, particularly in the New Year.

Record today highlight that Diomande has a £70 million release clause in his Sporting contract signed last month but that does not imply that the central defender will continue with them next season.

The 22-year-old dreams of playing in England one day. Sporting would be open to negotiating a lesser package than his buy-out clause during the next transfer window.

Arsenal and Chelsea have ‘approached’ the player’s agents on several occasions. Newcastle United and Crystal Palace are also potential candidates to recruit the defender.

Diomande would want guaranteed minutes at Chelsea

Chelsea have vast options to utilise in the central defensive department.

In the current season alone, they have had Trevoh Chalobah, Wesley Fofana, Benoit Badiashile, Tosin Adarabioyo, Josh Acheampong and Mamadou Sarr feature in the heart of the backline.

The Blues also have a talented centre-back away on loan in Aaron Anselmino, while club graduate Levi Colwill is expected to return from a long-term knee injury later this year.

Keeping this in mind, any deal for Diomande won’t be straightforward. The London heavyweights could secure a discount on the clause, but the player may need to be convinced.

The Ivorian may not leave Sporting without guaranteed playing time from the starting XI.

Chelsea may not need to free up space in the squad for his arrival. Badiashile, Adarabioyo and Axel Disasi could head for the exit door when the transfer window reopens this summer.

Wesley Fofana’s future could be a discussion point too, having struggled with his fitness.

Diomande would obviously be a fine addition to Chelsea’s defence. The Ivorian ace has completed 94 percent in the Primeira Liga this term, averaging 3.6 long balls per appearance.

He has made 5.7 recoveries and four clearances per league game. He was sent off twice last season, but has also improved his discipline and has cut down on errors leading to goals.

Chelsea need some convincing to do to persuade Diomande to choose them. If the Blues can land his signature, it would represent a huge coup ahead of the 2026/27 campaign.

In brief

Benfica file complaint against Real Madrid midfielder for ‘violent misconduct’ The story of Real Madrid and Benfica’s clash in Lisbon is only progressing towards more tension as the days pass.If the on-field drama and the racist abuse from Gianluca Prestianni towards Vinicius ...

Dani Olmo responds to Barcelona Presidential candidate – ‘I have my vote decided’ Barcelona playmaker Dani Olmo has told presidential candidate Victor Font to stay in his lane, after the latter criticised his signing. The primary phase of the electoral campaign, as candidates colle...

Trusting Mainoo, academy pride and the 'ultimate role' Manchester United caretaker manager Michael Carrick speaks to BBC Sport about trusting academy graduate and 'huge talent' Kobbie Mainoo.

St. Pauli vs. Werder Bremen preview: A true relegation six-pointer St. PauliThis is St. Pauli’s chance to finally jump back out of the automatic relegation places.They thought this was going to be a dream season early on. Die Kiezkicker drew Borussia Dortmund on op...

Fantasy Bundesliga: Scout squads for Matchday 23 Bulinews' Fantasy Bundesliga writers have each put together a squad of 10 outfield players for the upcoming matchday.Managers have full freedom with formations, but squads can’t exceed 110M, can onl...

Where to watch UNC vs. Johns Hopkins men's lacrosse: Channel, live stream, time, TV schedule for college game Here's everything you need to know about UNC vs. Johns Hopkins men's lacrosse, including TV channel and streaming options for the college game.

Michael Carrick hails 'incredible' Kobbie Mainoo: Man United boss opens up on decision to bring youngster in from the cold after Ruben Amorim exile Such was Mainoo's dire situation at Old Trafford, the 20-year-old had expressed to club chiefs that he wished to explore a move away from the club to play regular first team football.