sports

Red Sox CEO Shares High Expectations For Team In 2026

Boston Red Sox CEO Sam Kennedy has plenty of praise for the team heading into the 2026 MLB season.

The Red Sox were active this offseason, as Boston emphasized upgrading its pitching staff. Although the Red Sox did lose Alex Bregman, Boston brought in Willson Contreras to help replace his bat.

With that, heading into spring training, Kennedy believes the sky is the limit for the Red Sox.

“There’s no ceiling on the 2026 Boston Red Sox,” Kennedy said on Sunday. “This group, if things come together, and we have good health, I think (the) sky’s the limit for what we might be able to achieve. But it’s February.”

The Red Sox made the playoffs last season, but lost in three games to the New York Yankees in the Wild Card round.

It was a disappointing exit for Boston, but Kennedy believes it’s a good building block for the team to learn from.

“We said it at the end of the year, getting back to the postseason was the first step, and now we’re looking forward to taking that next step,” said Kennedy. “We won 89 games last year. We want to build on that regular season win total, get into the postseason, stay healthy, and take that next step in October. Obviously, winning a World Series is the ultimate goal.”

Boston enters the season with the seventh-best odds of winning the World Series at +1500.

Read full story at Yahoo Sport →